The City of Camrose, AB
General Accountant – Budget
City of Camrose, AB
An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic and committed team as an Accounting Support 4 – Tax Clerk to provide exemplary customer service to the general public with respect to tax related services.
During the next 24 months, the City of Camrose will be implementing a new financial software system which will have a significant impact on the Accounting Support 4 – Tax Clerk position. The successful candidate will have a key role in the financial system software replacement project and will be required to quickly learn a new system, assist in identifying improvements that can be made to current processes / routines, complete testing and contribute to the project to ensure that the transition is completed effectively and efficiently.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES: (but not limited to):
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from various stakeholders including property and business owners, lawyers, realtors, and Canada Revenue Agency in regards to tax levies, payments, penalties, registered owners, legal descriptions, assessments, etc.
- Provide tax searches and issue legal tax certificates containing required information as well as estimates of taxes for existing or proposed property to taxpayers, mortgage companies, lawyers and realtors.
- Process payments and enter transaction adjustments into the Serenic Financial Software as required.
- Contact mortgage companies and property owners regarding overpayment of account balances and prepare necessary payment vouchers as required for tax refunds and correspondence as required.
- Maintain the Tax Instalment Plan (TIP) and assist property owners with applications, changes, or withdrawals from program.
- Collect delinquent tax accounts through the tax recovery process established by the Municipal Government Act, and inform and prepare monthly statements for tax accounts in arrears.
- Entering, preparing and processing prepayments for local improvements into Serenic Financial Software.
- Generate annual property tax levy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma. Post-secondary education in relation to accounting considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of exemplary customer service with basic accounting training/skills and experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with computer software packages such as Serenic Financial Software, Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, and process a high volume of information accurately within rigid deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with difficult customers, management and employees from various departments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
HOURS OF WORK/SALARY & BENEFITS: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The City of Camrose has a progressive salary and benefit package. The starting salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by February 9, 2024 at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Human Resources
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.4426 | F: 780.672.2469| E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.camrose.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.