Website Kneehill County
Kneehill County, AB
Permanent Full Time 37.5 hours
Position is required on site in office location in Three Hills, AB.
In this newly defined position, we are looking for an individual with a strong attention to detail, and a knack for collaboration with all levels of the organization. We need you to provide strength and engagement within the areas of finance. We want someone who will be as fun and energetic to match our fantastic Financial Services team. This individual will bring their enthusiasm for teamwork, openness, and adaptability to our organization. Keep reading if this is you!
Welcome to Kneehill County!
Situated in the heart of central Alberta, Kneehill County is a progressive rural municipality comprised of approximately 814,653 acres of land and a population of 5001. Within the Kneehill County boundaries, are the Towns of Three Hills and Trochu, Villages of Acme, Carbon, and Linden, and 4 Hamlets (Torrington, Huxley, Swalwell, Wimborne) and other neighborhoods, with a total population of 11,000+.
The towns and villages in the area provide several recreational opportunities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools, indoor and outdoor skating rinks, walking and biking trails, ball diamonds, curling rinks, a wide variety of parks, and playgrounds as well as many campgrounds. Golf courses in the area include Trochu, Three Hills and Acme.
Under the direction of the Financial Planning Coordinator this position will provide high level financial support in the areas of budget design and management, inventory management, and other relevant financial functions. The position will also assume responsibility for the management of Tangible Capital Asset data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to Managers in completion of quarterly financial variance reports and the compilation of the same for vetting by Financial Planning Coordinator.
· Draft Council reports for approval by Financial Planning Coordinator and/or Corporate Services Director.
· Support the Financial Planning Coordinator in the facilitation of budget planning sessions and the preparation of budget and finance reports for Council.
· Maintenance of tangible capital asset (TCA) subledger through development of comprehensive TCA Management system.
· Verify that items capitalized meet criteria set out in TCA Policy and research and draft procedures and policies relating to TCA.
· Maintain project costing reports relating to road projects, gravel maintenance and other specific projects as well as participation with data collection.
· Provide data entry support in project accounting including processing work orders, inventory cards and generation of reports.
· Coordination of inventory records, validation of data, maintenance of records and preparation of required reports.
· Preparation of working papers for inventory, tangible capital assets (TCA) and projects costing for annual financial statements.
· Complete bank reconciliations.
· Assist in conducting research and review of Municipal best practices in the areas of policies, procedures, and by-laws for
· Provide Administrative support to the Financial Planning Coordinator and the broader Finance team, as capacity permits.
· Serve as a back-up to the functions of Accounts Receivable, Utilities Billing and Bulk Water Billing.
· Other relevant duties as assigned.
· Minimum two (2) years diploma in business related field.
· Minimum of two (2) years experience providing support in a financial environment. Experience in a municipal setting is considered an asset.
· Sound understanding of financial policies, procedures, and processes, as they relate to Municipal government.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Positive customer service philosophy.
· Collaborative nature and works well with others in a support and mentorship capacity.
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Strong presentation skills (both design and delivery)
· Strong proficiency in financial information systems. Experience in Great Plains/Diamond Municipal Solutions is considered an asset.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, most specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Political Acumen.
· Valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License.
What do we offer?
· Competitive pay
· Local Authority Pension Plan (LAPP)
· Group Health Benefits
· Engaging and empowering work environment
· Strong policies and supportive atmosphere
· Open Door policy for ideas and creativity
· Training and Development Opportunities
· Fun and friendly co-workers
Does this sound like you? Are you interested in getting to know us better?
Visit our website: https://kneehillcounty.com/
Send your resume to:
Attention: Jessie Kasha – HR Coordinator
Re: Financial Administrator
Kneehill County 1600 2nd Ave Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Closing Date: June 13, 2023
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.