Website City of Cold Lake, AB
City of Cold Lake, AB
With a population of approximately 16,000, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
This is a permanent, full-time position with the Corporate Services Department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is responsible for the efficient processing and reconciling of general ledger entries and general ledger accounts for the City of Cold Lake. This position reconciles monthly bank statements, ensures accurate monthly variance accounts to management, completes month-end processes, and provides assistance in regards to G/L coding and project costing. The Accountant assists the Finance Manager in providing guidance and support to all Finance Department staff to ensure smooth operation in the department and finance functions within other departments throughout the City. This position provides support to all departments and the public through exemplary internal and external customer service. The Accountant is responsible for reconciliation, follow-up, and compliance of grants for the organization and will assist managers in the maintenance of their grants, as well as assist with the preparation of yearend working paper. This position is also responsible for GST returns, tangible capital assets, project costing, grant portfolio, and assisting with insurance.
Hours of work are Monday-Friday for 35 hours a week.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting or a related field;
- Completion or near completion, of a professional accounting designation such as: CMA, CGA, CA, or CPA;
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in a Municipality or Government setting;
- Knowledge of the PSAB and Municipal Government Act considered an asset;
- The preferred candidate will have strong organizational and computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, accounting, and payroll software;
- Applicants should have a strong customer service focus, commitment to confidentiality, and exceptional communication skills;
- Must be willing to provide a Criminal Record Check and an annual Driver’s Abstract.
Salary for this position is $46.37/hr.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
How to apply:
- Submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience.
- Include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications.
- Copies of any relevant certifications.
This competition will remain open until February 18th, 2024.
The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.