Website Town of Morinville, AB
Town of Morinville, AB
Finance Clerk – Permanent Full-time
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a permanent full-time Finance Clerk to join the Financial Services Team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Clerk will support the day-to-day and year-end accounting responsibilities which includes monthly financial reporting, analysis, and account reconciliation, in accordance with established internal policies and legislative requirements.
• Review invoices to ensure necessary approval and coding is in alignment with established financial policies before processing payments.
• Process weekly batches of invoices and cheque requests in accordance with payment terms for both cheque disbursement and electronic funds transfer.
• Administrator Visa purchasing cards.
• Verify staff purchasing card (P-Card) statements along with receipts after receiving approval. Match entries against the Visa statement, transfer data from the website to the Visa account, rectify any discrepancies in entries, and accurately process transactions in the general ledger.
• Create journal entries and document pre-authorized and online payments to the general ledger.
• Manage and reconcile petty cash funds for the department.
• Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable sub-ledger to the general ledger monthly.
• Review accounts receivable invoices and issue reminders for any outstanding invoices.
• Distribute accounts receivable trial balance reports to departments.
• Support the Senior Accountant with annual year-end and audit processes and procedures.
• Business Administration Diploma, with accounting courses, or similar post-secondary education in a related discipline.
• A minimum of three (3) years work experience with accounting and/or enterprise resource planning systems.
• A minimum of three (3) years work experience with full-cycle accounting.
• Experience in a municipal government setting considered an asset.
• Experience in Diamond Municipal Solutions is an asset.
• Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• The successful candidate would be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Compensation/Hours of Work:
Annual salary range of $70,255 to $83,888 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35-hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 21, 2024, at 12pm (noon).
Submit resume and cover letter quoting “Comp # 202407-FC” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.