Website M.D. of Bonnyville No.87, AB
MD of Bonneyville, AB
The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for a Financial Analyst. This position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and coordinating financial reports, managing preparation of operating and capital budgets and grant application, and reporting for the Municipality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide long-term financial planning and create the operating and capital budgets.
- Manage the operating and capital budgets, reserves, and capital work in progress.
- Review and monitor the department’s financial results in collaboration with department management and staff.
- Assist with year-end processes and the annual municipal audit.
- Provide financial advice on business planning and budgeting for the department in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and leadership to department staff relating to financial policies, procedures. and standards.
- Participate in department and corporate projects and provide financial and subject matter expertise.
- Partner with corporate process owners and department stakeholders to ensure internal controls are in place, are documented and are in alignment with corporate control objectives.
- Aid external non-profit organizations within the municipality with grant research as required.
- Maintain existing knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures to address and advise of any changes.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of municipal department programs and projects.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of M.D. policies, procedures, and Bylaws.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a Chartered Professional Accounting (C.P.A) designation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public sector accounting environment or audit with thorough knowledge of PSAB is considered an asset.
- Completion of or working towards certification in public governance, such as a National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) certificate is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of related legislation such as the Municipal Government Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with coworkers.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage complex projects.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics and GP/Diamond software and CaseWare considered an asset.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
Please visit md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Closing Date for Applications: October 10, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.