Website City of Spruce Grove
General Manager of Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer
City of Spruce Grove, AB
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors, and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity, and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
The role of General Manager of Corporate Services and CFO is responsible to provide visionary and strategic leadership to the Corporate Services division of the City. As a member of the Corporate Leadership team, the incumbent has overall accountability for the departments of Finance, Information Systems, Business Services (including Customer Service, Procurement, Risk and Insurance) and Facilities and Fleet. The role is a champion and active leader in the development and implementation of the City’s annual Corporate Plan.
Reporting to the City Manager, and with the support of three (3) other General Managers, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of policies and programs to ensure the resources of the municipality are managed in a cost effective and responsible manner.
- Provide expertise, guidance and recommendations to City Manager, Council, and organizational leaders in all aspects of Corporate Services and business planning, including the design, implementation, and evaluation of Corporate Services programs and services and financial policy.
- Act as a key advisor and strategist in leading corporate matters such as Corporate Planning, Asset Management, Financial Management, Information Systems, and Facility and Fleet operations.
Operations Management Oversight
- Facilitate the development of long term and short-term planning process for the division and ensure appropriate input from the Corporate Services team, and the public into the Corporate Planning process for both operating and capital budgets.
- Provide executive leadership of the Facilities, Fleet Management and business technologies operations including the oversight of projects, lifecycle planning and analysis, procurement, contract and security.
- Ensure that the Corporate Services functions are delivered through a customer service lens, exercising dynamic and agile leadership to balance resources and demands on the division.
- Act as the principal advisor to the City Manager, Council, and Council Boards, Committees, and other groups regarding matters within the Corporate Services mandate.
- Provide input into planning documents that is consistent with organizational needs such as the People Strategy, Asset Management, Corporate Plan, and departmental Business Plans.
- Act as the financial/accounting figurative head of the organization and provide the financial strategic leadership and acumen at the municipality leadership table to maximize the City’s financial performance in the short and long term.
- Evolve and maintain financial management reporting to assist in decision making for the organization.
- Determine and prioritize the draft City budget – operating and capital.
- Represent the City to select governmental, professional organizations and non-governmental agencies.
- Act as the City’s key liaison with appropriate agencies including other municipal jurisdictions, provincial departments and community partners regarding matters related to Corporate Services.
We are seeking a candidate with the following:
- Fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years of related experience. Minimum of fifteen (15) years in progressive executive leadership roles.
- Significant administrative experience with a number of years in a senior level leadership position, preferably within a public-sector organization.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in good standing.
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary Degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, or another related field.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of high functioning individuals operating in a matrix, client facing operational environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Corporate Planning, Information Systems, Financial Management, legislative services, and the Municipal Government Act.
- Extensive knowledge of municipal government and municipal financial policy.
- Strong commitment of the principles underpinning good governance and sound financial management.
Special consideration will be given to those who hold:
- Asset Municipal Administration Certificate Program.
- CLGM (Certified Local Government Manager) or another similar accreditation.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
If you wish to discuss this position in more detail, please email: email@example.com
The City of Spruce Grove is currently reviewing the salary of this position.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org to view the full position description and to apply online.
To apply for this job please visit sprucegrove.njoyn.com.